KABA MAS X-10 High Security Safe & GSA Container Lock, Standard Bolt, LCD Screen
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
- translation missing: en.general.accessibility.unit_price_separator
The Kaba Mas X-0 series is the trusted choice for securing the US Government’s most sensitive material. The X-0 series was first introduced in 1992 as the only lock to meet the strict requirements of Federal Specification FF-L-2740. This specification is the US Government’s highest security standard for electro-mechanical locks. The X-10 represents the latest edition to this secure tradition. The X-10 is the GSA (General Services Administration) approved lock for FF-L-2740, latest revision B, Style 1 applications. The X-10 is approved by the GSA for use on approved Class 5 and 6 filing cabinets and Class 5 Security
Why the X-10?
The X-10 was designed and developed as a direct result of the latest revision to federal specification FF-L-2740, now Revision B. This revision calls for two distinctly different lock styles. Be aware that the characteristics and operating features of a “Style 1” and “Style 2” lock are not equal! The X-10 is the only self-contained lock and now, with the backlit LCD display, clearly represents the best overall value. The X-10 is the lock awarded the distinction of being approved for Style 1 Applications.
User Friendly Features
The X-10 was designed with similar features and functions of its predecessor, the X-09. This minimizes the need for user training. The X-10 maintains the already familiar product operating features. The X-10 uses the same self-powered technology - simply rotate the dial to power-up the lock. The proprietary Kaba Mas self powered feature eliminates the concern of an unexpected failure due to battery life. The X-10 retains the same three security modes, along with a full complement of audit features.
• Power: Internal, self-powered by Rotational electromechanical PowerStarTM technology.
COMBINATIONS — 3 MODES:
• Single: 1 million combinations
• Dual: 500 billion combinations
• Supervisor/Subordinate: 2 million combinations
• Direct Dial: No need to clear before entering combination. Once you stop turning the dial, the power will shut down after 40 seconds.
• Memory: Non-volatile
• LCD (Backlit): Limited View Backlit Liquid Crystal Display with visual controls makes dialing easy and
• Combination Changes: (LCD indicator in change key
mode.) Combination changed with correct combination or serial number.
• Random Number View: True Scramble
• Daylocking: No
• Back Dialing: No
• Lock Reset: Automatic when bolt is thrown or 40 seconds after turning has stopped.
• Manipulation: Fail secure against high-voltage attack, robot attack, X-ray methods, magnetic, vibration, and R/F.
• Audit: The X-10 records all openings, and the record is non-resettable. The X-10 records unsuccessful attempts after 3 incorrect combination attempts and resets after a correct opening.
• Wrong Try Penalty: 10-14 errors results in a 3 minute time out. 15 errors or greater results in a 4 minute time out. Both error count and penalty time resets with valid combination.
ENVIRONMENTAL PERFORMANCE (Per FF-L-2740B)
• Temperature: Tested -10°F to 155°F Operational Range. • Salt Spray: Operational After 72 hours of continuous
exposure (per UL 768 Salt Spray Conversion
• Cycle Test: Meets or exceeds FF-L-2740B specifications. • Humidity: Operational after 10 days of 140°F @ 98%
humidity (Operational after 10 days testing per MIL-STD-810E, Method 507.3, Procedure III, Temperature Cycling 86°F to 140°F @ 98% RH)
• Stress: Operational after 7 days in a stress chamber @ 194°F (per UL 768 Aging Stress Distortion Test).
• Vibration: MIL-STD-810
• Shock: MIL-STD-901
• Electrical Discharge: 250KV on Dial
• Electromagnetic Pulse: Meets FF-L-2740B specification for
• Case & Bolt Strength:
Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)
General Services Agency (GSA) simulation of high altitude nuclear blast.