SPX-1300: Cypress Suprex® Reader-Extender, 2-wire RS-485, single reader. Connect readers to access controllers without Wiegand distance limits, using RS-485. Typical range is 10,000 ft. (3048 m), depending on environmental conditions. The Suprex is a pair of units; a Central Unit and a Remote unit. The Central Unit connects to the access control panel, and the Remote Unit connects to the Reader. The 2-wire RS-485 connection runs between the Central and Remote units.
The SPX-1300 is suitable for a connection between a single reader and access controller. An expandable RS-485 Suprex is also available, which can accommodate up to 8 readers when used with Cypress EXP expansion modules. Other Suprex models are available to link readers with an access control panel over Ethernet, Fiber Optic, or Wireless connections.
- Remote (reader/door) unit
- Central (panel) unit
- High immunity to electrical noise under adverse conditions, such as elevator installations
- Supported data interfaces: Wiegand, Wiegand keypad, Strobed, and unsupervised F/2F
- Supports up to 248 bits of credential data
- Supports LED and REX switch I/O
- Onboard relays for door strike / gate activation
- Supports 1 reader (for multi-reader applications, use SPX-7500)
- RS-485 (twisted pair)
- Fully Supervised
- Reader Interface
- Rugged Aluminum housing
- Convenient removable connectors